The Ministry Leadership Center, grounded in the Catholic identity and tradition of its sponsors, forms leaders to sustain and deepen the ministry of healing
Our Vision is to form a community of leaders who articulate and integrate a Catholic understanding of the ministry of healing.
To creatively link our work to the lived experience of the participants and to achieve our goals in a spirit of simplicity.
To foster active cooperation between and among our sponsoring systems as well as other partners.
To ground our work in gospel values and the Church’s core teachings.
Since the 1840s Catholic health care has been serving the people of the United States. We are part of the nation’s largest group of not-for-profit health care sponsors, systems and facilities who welcome and respect people of all beliefs and tradition while attending to their body, mind and spirit.
- At the present moment Catholic health care represents approximately 18% of care provided in US hospitals
- There are over 60 Catholic health care systems
- Catholic health care facilities are in all 50 states providing acute care, skilled nursing and other services including hospice, home health, assisted living and senior housing.
- In a recent one-year period Catholic health care had more than 16.9 million emergency department visits, 92.8 million outpatient visits and 5.5 million admissions.
- Catholic hospitals employ 525,193 full time employees and 233,934 part-time workers
- Each year, one in every six patients in the United States is cared for in a Catholic hospital.
For more information visit the Catholic Health Association
The lodestar is a heavenly reference point used by early mariners to chart courses across vast, unknown seas. This ancient method of guidance symbolizes the healing mission of Jesus – the only true reference point for the future of the Catholic health care ministry.
Our icon was originally suggested and designed for the Ministry Leadership Center by Sr. Madaleva Williams, CSJ.
Our current logo was designed by AC/DC of New York/Miami.